Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stereotypes

I agree that when we do the career exercise we are in a way stereotyping careers/people. But I wish there was a better word that we could use for it because the word "stereotype" has so many negative connotations. It is kind of true that people who do certain things for a living tend to behave in a certain way. Of cours there are many exceptions. And stereotypes don't necessarily have to be a bad thing. Doctors for example are supposed to be very smart people. We have to use our perceptions of how we think certain people behave in order to portray them. That is probably why one of our first assignemtns was to observe people. When we get to the point when we are given more complex characters, then I hope it will feel less like I am acting like a stereotype and more like i am acting like a real person .

No comments: