Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Careers

First of all, I thought that the activity we did dealing with the careers at the bus stop was difficult. It is so hard because you cannot really show the people what you are. I also thought that this activity could be a little stereotypical. For example, for the construction worker Claire had to be all big and strong. This got me thinking to my past job experiences. Two summers ago I worked for the service department. I did things such as picking up roadkill and trash, mowing along the highway, weedwacking, checking sewers, and numerous other jobs. I am pretty sure no one would think that I did this job and if someone was to act out a service department worker, I would not be a model of what they look like and act like. It just got me thinking that the way we are portraying these occupations is kind of stereotypical.

No comments: