Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Seeing and Listening

I decided to do the seeing part of this assignment in convo. I noticed some pretty funny things that I would have most likely missed had I not been paying close attention. For example, I saw one girl eating by herself and I noticed that instead of just lounging or relaxing because she was by herself she was sitting up very straight and being very careful with her food and just being extremely proper. Then before she left, I watched her take an entire sandwich and wrap it up in a cloth napkin and place it in a Tupperware container so she could take it with her. It was really funny to watch and I would have completely missed it had I not been doing this assignment. I chose not to do the listening part while I was in convo because all I kept hearing was the radio and I would start singing along to the music and not notice any other sounds that were going on. So, I went to the Clayton lobby and noticed lots of different sounds. It's funny because I'm in that lobby every day and haven't really paid attention to al of the different sounds there are. For example, I heard birds chirping outside as well as cars driving past and I could here random conversations from the people walking by. I could hear the air coming from the vents and there was almost a constant beeping coming from the elevator. It's honestly like that thing never stops, there is always someone getting on or off it, and then there's always the voice of the asy that speaks in the elevator. I must have heard "floor one, main lobby" about a dozen times. Overall, I liked this assignment, I think it's pretty cool to take a second to look around and notice all the little things that you don't usually pay any attention to. It's pretty intersting and I thought very entertaining.

No comments: