Monday, September 8, 2008

A New Respect For Actors

I agree with Aaron that acting is probably easier when you're allowed to use props and whatnot but at the same time I still think it is really really hard. After just a few of these classes I already see actors in a new light because pretending to do something and making it look real is not an easy task. I think the whole idea of being really good at pretending when we were little and then being told that we're not supposed to do that anymore as we get older is very interesting because some of the most well known and idolized people in the world are famous for being actors and pretending. Also, I've always been completely amazed by child actors because for me acting is hard but they're so little and they can do it so much better than me. But applying the thought that it's natural for kids to pretend and really believe something is happening makes it a little easier for me to understand how they can be so talented at it.

Lately when I'm watching TV or a movie I think of how the actors are just standing there in front of dozens of cameras and crew people and it amazes me how real they make everything seem. I can't even pretend to play tug of war in front of a group of 20 some people with out cameras, I can't imagine doing more serious involved things in front of all the people on set while filming for TV or a movie.

No comments: