Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tuesday

On Monday in my Teaching Reading with Literature class, the teacher had the whole class engage in skits. Everyone was able to have their scripts in front of them while performing. Four females were in one skit, while the rest of the class was in another. The first skit was about four seventh grade girls gossiping during lunch. I thought that the females acting out the skit did a very good job. The other skit was a combination of scenes from the Outsiders. The performance for this skit was extremely sad. ha. The one thing that was done right was everyone made sure to not have their backs towards the audience. Overall, it was interesting to see the various ways that acting can be used for other than a play or movie.

In addition, I thought that it was interesting how Claire and Teddy's skit was adjusted and easily made much more entertaining and comedic. I am really excited to see their performance at the end of the semester!

No comments: