Wednesday, October 22, 2008

fine arts's

Acting is like art, well, it is an art, but I meant like painting or sculpture. Most of the old masters were just great by nature. When Fabio was telling us how when a competent actor would come on stage it gave the audience a feeling of relaxation. The same comes from looking at a good painting by an old master. Some things just seem forced, What makes something good is the natural reaction that a person has rather that the artist forcing you to do something. Some artists are good just because they just are, they are not demanding you see something or wanting to be liked. We talked about an actor trying to be liked, and I saw that as a kind of trying to force a composition. Adding matching forms or color swatches does not make a painting work. Things work just because they do, even though I don't know much about acting, I appreciate the spontaneity of things that just work.

No comments: