Monday, October 13, 2008

Feeling Comfortable

I feel like the majority of the class feels more comfortable when they are in groups and when they are exaggerating something. I know that this is true for me. When I am in a group I feel more comfortable because I know the attention is not all on me. This is especially true when one of the people in my group is doing something extremely entertaining...chances are no one is really even noticing what I am doing. Therefore, the pressure is off. However, when I am up there by myself, I know that the only place to look is at me and my actions. Also, when we did the activity at the bus stop where we exaggerated our character's actions, it was funny and the seriousness of it was lowered. Therefore, it seemed fairly easy for everyone to make a fool out of themselves because it seemed like more of a joke than actually acting. It is good to be pushed out of your comfort zone, however from observation, people would rather play it safe.

No comments: