-Seeing-
For my seeing exercise, I sat in a chair at the rec center and watched two boys playing basketball. If I were just walking by I would not have noticed all of the body language and the actions that I noticed. At first the boys were just taking turns shooting around; they were moving slow and playing leisurely. After a couple minutes, they noticed that I was looking at them and they picked up their game and played a little one-on-one. They then began to dunk the ball and grab the rim. After they noticed someone was watching they became more active and began to show off. This was subtle, if I was not watching them specifically I would not have even noticed. I think its interesting how behavior changes when you know someone is looking at you.
-Listening-
My listening activity I choose to sit in my living room at home. I could hear many sounds here. I heard the sounds of 'That 70's Show' playing on the television along with frantic tapping on a keyboard as my dad finished up his homework for the week. The front windows were open, so I could hear cars buzzing past the house. There was a faint train whistle in the background and cherping birds outside. I was surprised by the surplus of noise I heard in a mere five minutes. It seemed to be a relaxing afternoon, but there was so much going on that I never really noticed before. This exercise made me much more aware of my surroundings.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment