Tuesday, September 30, 2008

not speaking

I agree with Hallie that it was best for us to start off the semester without talking. I think once you incorporate talking it makes things a little bit easier (however I could be totally wrong because maybe acting with speaking is actually ridiculously hard). But I remember watching this behind the scenes thing on TV about the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith. There is this scene right after they fight and pretty much tear their house to shreds where they just do stuff around the kitchen and all they do is look at each other, they don't talk. And the director was saying that originally they were supposed to have words but Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie thought it would be more difficult and more meaningful to just use their faces and gestures and emotions to complete the scene. I thought that was really cool because attention to detail is what we always learn about in class and this was an example of that exact concept in a big time movie with big time actors.

No comments: