I am surprised how fast I got used to acting without speaking. I thought that it was weird at first, however now that we are starting to speak during our scenes, I see the point of starting the way that we did this semester. It allowed us to be able to focus on our actions without having to also figure out what to say. Now that we are more "advanced" and prepared, we are going to be able to handle the situation better than we would if we did not do the activities we did until this point.
It is kind of ironic because when going into this class, I figured that we would simply start off with acting activities that involved speaking. Now that we are used to acting without speaking, it is intimidating and nerve-racking to go up in front of the class and speak...even though we talk to each other when not acting. It is funny how something that we do all the time can be so challenging (which goes along with my blog from last week).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment