Friday, November 14, 2008

It was a hit!

Just as Paige explained, we teach at an after school program. We had time left over yesterday so we played the ABC game with our four girls. I did not know how they would respond to this activity, and I thought it may be too difficult for them. Boy was I wrong! A few of the girls were better than a lot of us in class. They got so into this activity. We did it for over an hour and when it was time to go, they were bummed because they wanted to keep doing the activity. As we kept doing the activity, we all got better. At the end, a few of the girls were even acting out the scenes. I realized that their imaginations were better than mine. For example, when we were coming up with relationships, one of the girls came up with a goldfish and a cat. This relationship turned out to be one of the funniest. It was so nice to have a back-up activity we could do that does not require any materials, well except for me who needs the alphabet written somewhere :) It was really fun to see how they the girls responded to this activity.

No comments: