Sunday, October 19, 2008

Interesting...

I just had to share this...
In my education block this past Thursday, my professor decided to stop teaching and have us do an activity because when discussing she realized that many of us have not done it before. The activity consisted of everyone writing down the specific steps to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. After she gave us about 5 minutes or so, she had some people in class share. Instead of simply listening, she demonstrated the steps being read to her by the student(s). Well...here is the part that relates to this class...she did not have the materials with her to actually make the sandwich so she decided to demonstrate with imaginary materials. Rhea sits next to me and as soon as our professor started using imaginary objects we simultaneously turned to each other and were like "oh my gosh...acting for non-majors. ha". I am sure that we would not even thought about it if it were not for this class. However, since we are "experienced" when it comes to dealing with imaginary objects, we found this interesting, funny, and I don't know about Rhea, but I found myself evaluating her skills. ha.

No comments: