Sunday, September 7, 2008

Acting is difficult

I agree with Paige. Before taking this class, I think acting was something that I took advantage of. When I used to watch television or movies I always thought to myself that actors have the best jobs in the world, I mean how hard could it be to read lines and pretend? After doing a few simple exercises in class I have been enlightened to see the depth of acting. I have learned that it is very difficult, and to be good at it you must be very talented. Before, it was very easy to watch the cheap scary movies or the movies on the Sci-Fi network and pick out 'bad' acting. While watching these movies I used to think that anyone could do better than the actors cast in these movies. I now know I was wrong. Good actors are extremely talented and they make such a hard task look extremely easy.

No comments: